Dust, pollen, mold, and pet dander are lurking in your home. These coupled with new information regarding the link between allergies and asthma with common house hold pests is a concern for you or any family members suffer from asthma or allergies.
Practicing good sanitation is key to eliminating indoor allergens. Here is a list of activities that can help:
- Pull out the feather duster and rid your home of dust.
- Stay on top of the laundry as linens can be a breeding ground for dust and pests.
- Clean the screen vents on your home’s heating/cooling system monthly.
- Take out the trash nightly.
- Regularly vacuum all floors.
- Clean the kitchen and wipe down counter tops with an antibacterial cleaner.
- Store leftovers and other food items in air-tight containers.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated and the air circulating inside your house contains key allergens.
- Seal any cracks in walls or door/window frames.
- Partner with a Pest Management Professional.
- Consider adding TAP® Pest Control Insulation to your attic to control bugs and protect the health of your home and family.
Allergies and asthma can be a scary diagnosis. The more information you understand of their causes or triggers, the better prevention you and your family can undertake.